Excuse the messy apartment, but my belly doesn't look like this because I just polished off a California burrito. It's actually happened! Forget Santa, this Christmas we're expecting a visit from the Stork! The diet, the acupuncture, the herbs... the prayers... it all worked!
- I never forgot what you said, friend, when you wrote on my (in)fertility post, "just never stop trusting your body is capable of it."
- As soon as I started peeing on the stick, a plus sign appeared, but because I was in disbelief, I set the stick down for 2 minutes, per the package's instructions. 2 minutes later, still a plus sign!
- As soon as I found out (at around 6 weeks), I started pinning baby items. And I bought an outfit from Fournier. A little premature, I know.
- The all-day sickness I experienced from week 6 to week 12? I've erased it from my mind otherwise I'd never want to become pregnant again.
- Whoa, sense of smell! Walking through the food truck area of the local farmer's market made me dry-heave!
- Funny how beef could look, smell, and sound like the most disgusting thing in the world for weeks and then suddenly a Double-Double from In N Out (that's a burger with double beef and double cheese, friends) totally hits the spot.
- I can eat cheese again, people! CHEESE!
- Having a cold while pregnant is miserable X 1,000.
- I started feeling the "glow" around 14 weeks when my sister and I started exercising together every. single. day. (Swimming, cycling, hiking -- go us!)
- We are waiting until the baby's birthday to find out the gender!
- Everything happy or tender makes me cry. (What was my excuse before pregnancy?)
- I started feeling flutters around 19 weeks. So precious! Baby moves the most when I am hungry or while listening to Snoop Dogg. Haha.
- Oh, and just a heads up, Queso Suizo will probably be baby topic heavy from now on...